MKC Medical Management joined our peers and colleagues in Raleigh, N.C., February 8-9, 2019, for the Real Mother Trucker (RMT) Conference. This year, the featured speaker was Denise Ryan, one of the nation’s hottest motivational speakers. The RMT Conference, founded in 2016 by transportation attorney Shannon Frankel, is an invitation-only event designed exclusively for women executives in the trucking and transportation industry.
First things, first. Thank you for helping make 2018 our best year ever!
Not many things surprise me after 20-plus years in the Legal Nurse Consultant business. But 2018 took me aback…as a year full of milestones, market firsts and tons of gratitude for awesome clients.
Here’s a snapshot of news of interest from last year for our clients and others:
- Millions of dollars reviewed. Our cases often involve complex, high-exposure claims with millions at stake.
- Largest number of referrals to date.
- Largest case to date. Over 17,000 medical record pages.
- 31 new clients. In addition to our core strengths, we’ve expanded into new services and industry sectors, including criminal cases, nontraditional LNC work, more formal claims, consulting and education.
- Our first international client. We’re handling motor vehicle and trucking cases for this cross-border corporation.
- 11 speaking engagements and lunch and learns. Our clients and peers in our industries are increasingly turning to us as thought leaders.
- 14 conferences attended. Spending time networking is a key way for us to stay current with the latest developments in insurance and injury defense.
- Thousands of pages of reports, review and analysis generated for attorneys and claims adjusters, involving difficult cases and claims of all sizes and types.
- Hundreds of hours teaching and mentoring new MKC nurses. Our team of 11 experienced professionals is constantly improving.
- Reserve dollars decreased and untold dollars saved. While we seldom know settlement amounts, our clients regularly tell us that we help them reduce waste and avoid leaving money on the table.
- New governmental clients. More and more municipalities and other public sector clients turn to us for help when they’re facing a difficult claim, whether it’s a motor vehicle accident, a worker comp matter, or some other big, bodily injury event.
Bottom line…and another big thank-you!
We wouldn’t be where we are without awesome clients and peers. I’m very grateful and humbled by the trust they put in me and our team. I’m looking forward to thanking each one of them personally…and to an even bigger and better 2019.