2019 was extraordinary for MKC, a year full of corporate growth, personal satisfaction and gratitude. Our team had big news about conference attendance, speaking engagements, and a bigger, deeper client base. We also rolled out new products and report formats and we cleaned up our company manual and protocols.
But all that is in the past. After 30-plus years in this business, I know to keep an eye focused on the present and the future, staying even more mindful and present in the moment.
So, in 2020, I’ll strive to be more consistent and committed to time management. I also commit to working on a few other behaviors, including…
- I won’t sweat the small stuff! These are energy stealers. In the end, everything passes anyway.
- Put myself in the other person’s shoes. Be more empathetic and patient.
- Focus on each task at the moment and don’t allow my mind to wander.
- Learn from every moment and situation. Always grow, expand and grab take-aways.
- Live well and thoughtfully. Time flies by.
- Find at least one new passion in life that sparks joy. Right now, for example, I’m learning calligraphy!
I’ve saved the best for last. I will be kind…always. I never know who really needs a compassionate word or thought.
I’d love to hear what 2020 might look like for you. Meanwhile, I wish all of you health and happiness.